The Dell EMC PowerEdge R840 delivers consistent, high performance results for data-intensive applications and data analytic workloads.
With powerful 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Scalable processors and up to 112 cores, the R840 can quickly turn analytics
into insights to drive your business forward faster. Create an optimal configuration of NVMe, SSD, HDD and GPU
resources to address your most demanding workloads - all in a 2U chassis.
• Scale capacity and performance with up to 8x 2.5” HDDs and SSDs
• Accelerate applications with up to 2 double-width GPUs or up to 2 FPGAs.
• Speed data transfers with a fully integrated ultra path interconnect across all four sockets.
• Eliminate bottlenecks with up to 48 DIMMs, including up to 24 DCPMMs or 12 NVDIMMs.
Every PowerEdge server is made with a cyber-resilient architecture, delivering security into all parts of a server’s life
cycle. The PowerEdge R840 uses these new security features so you can reliably and securely deliver the right data to where your
customers are, no matter where they are. Dell EMC considers each part of system security, from design to end of life,
to ensure trust and deliver worry-free systems.
• Rely on a secure component supply chain to ensure protection from
factory to the data center.
• Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware
packages and Secure Boot.
• Prevent unauthorized or malicious change with Server Lockdown.
• Wipe all data from storage media including hard drives, SSDs and
system memory quickly and securely with System Erase.